Reporting to the Branch Manager and serving as a member of the Management Team along with other leadership positions; this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s operational functions. This position will contribute to the attainment of business objectives to include: safety, innovation and service.
You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
- This position is responsible for the achievement of financial goals by optimizing employee productivity, driving customer acquisition and retention, and promoting safe work habits across all departments.
- This position will be accountable for delivering and maintaining high standards of customer service both sales efforts and business operations.
- Work with logistics personnel in determining the best distribution of resources, assets and inventory to meet customer demand.
- Maintains and ensures adequate staffing levels daily.
- Analyzing daily activities to monitor performance, track results, prepare reports, review statistics, and make recommendations on improvements.
- Recruit, train, and continuously develop workforce to meet organizational objectives. To include performance evaluations, performance improvement plans, and disciplinary action as needed.
- Implements procedural techniques, oversees training requirements.
- Conducts safety meetings, assuring proper procedures are followed.
- Investigates customer complaints and resolves customer issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for unit inventory levels to prevent theft, loss and damage.
- Coaches and mentors Supervisors.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of driver audits and customer-site audits.
- Oversees job site supervisory personnel sometimes acting as a supervisor.
- Coordinates event schedules and manpower needs.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings.
- Accompany Account Managers on sales calls as needed.
- Evaluate current operating systems making enhancement recommendations.
- Work with General Manager and Leadership Team to develop SOPs.
- Work with third-party vendors to coordinate sub-contracting work as needed.
- Responsive to emergency calls.
- Develop contingency plans and emergency response procedures.
- Enforce legal compliance to Company standards and government regulations.
- Manage document retention, accounts payable, and office administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, industrial engineering, transportation or logistics preferred.
- 5 to 7 years relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge of fleet management, route delivery, project management, financial principles and human resource practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Project, One Note, PowerPoint; as well as other transportation and inventory management software.
- Key Competencies:
- Strategic planning
- Influence and inspire a diverse workforce
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Emotional intelligence and conflict management
- Interpersonal skills
- Effective communication
- Team work, adaptability and resourcefulness
- Time management and organization
- Personal accountability